Bull or Bear? | October 2018
BULL OR BEAR?
“My prior C-Suite experience and temperament position me for success as a C-Suite executive in a private equity portfolio company in 2019.”
According to a 2017 Alix Partners survey, 73% of Private Equity CEOs are replaced during the investment life cycle (usually five years) and 58% are gone within two years. So, what are the questions you should ask yourself if you are considering moving into this high pressure/high reward position? Here are five:
- Can you be satisfied executing the predetermined Private Equity sponsor strategy prebaked into the investment thesis rather than formulating an original business strategy?
- Can you cope with tight and frequent oversight by the Private Equity sponsor/board members with a board meeting or board call at least once per month?
- Can you make rapid decisions with incomplete information including the removal and replacement of senior executives who are not doing the job you need done?
- Can you wear multiple hats, for example, CEO/COO/CAO all rolled into one — and consistently multi-task without contracting attention deficit disorder?
- Can you focus on EBITDA above all other performance measures, even at the expense of growth if necessary to exit well?
If, after some genuine introspection, you can honestly answer the questions above in the affirmative, you may be better off as a CEO than dealing with quarterly earnings releases and related analyst conference calls, often hostile activist shareholders, and short-term hedge fund driven stock price gyrations that many times characterize the public markets these days.
Are you bullish or bearish?
Give us your verdict and see how your peers compare.
See results instantly after you vote.
(Wayne, PA, May 7, 2019) Ridge Global Cybersecurity Institute, a leader in enhancing global resiliency to cyber attacks through innovative education capabilities and expert analysis, today announced a strategic relationship with The CFO Alliance®, a professional community of over 7,000 CFOs and other executives of middle-market companies across North America, ranging from $10 million to […]
(Wayne, PA, April 1, 2019) AchieveNEXT, a leading provider of subscription-based, peer advisory communities and specialized professional services, has enhanced its CFO Alliance Community by appointing a new Global Advisory Board that will help guide the Community during the next phase of expansion. Launched in 2008, The CFO Alliance is a professional community of more […]
HOUSTON – Jan. 22, 2019 – Insperity, Inc. (NYSE: NSP), a leading provider of human resources and business performance solutions for America’s best businesses, today announced a strategic relationship with The CFO Alliance®, a professional community of over 7,000 CFOs and other executives of middle-market companies across North America ranging from $10 million to over […]